Buying a gun in Indiana is not as difficult as it is in some states. According to Indiana’s State Constitutional Provision, “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.” To sum up Indiana’s firearm law, it is not strict and only requires some guidelines to be followed when a buyer is purchasing a gun in Indiana.
What guidelines you need to know about Indiana’s firearm law?
- Although a permit is not required to buy a rifle or a shotgun, a dealer cannot sell, rent, trade or transfer a handgun to anybody until a NICS/background check takes place.
- Open carry is not allowed with handguns.
- Also you are required to have a concealed carry permit to carry a concealed handgun. In fact you need the same permit for open carry as well as to carry a concealed weapon.
- To apply for the permit or license, you can submit an online application on the following website:
- Instructions for the online applications are available here:
To read and understand the firearm law governing Indiana, visit:
Where to get a gun in Indiana
Now that you know about the firearm laws in Indiana, you are all set to buy your gun. Guns for sale can be bought in Indiana. In Indiana, guns for sale are available at different types of stores. New guns are usually bought from physical stores while used guns for sale can be bought from online stores. Overall to buy a good gun, remember to do proper research before you buy guns for sale in Indiana.
Buy and Sell Guns in Indiana at Indiana Guns for Sale